Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?
The part of the process which was easiest for me was formulating a strong thesis statement, since by taking a clear position on the topic from the very beginning, I was immediately able to have a clear focus for the essay. The most difficult part of writing this argumentative essay was finding specific evidence that would support my points and connecting it back to the thesis via commentary, since this involved analytical thinking as opposed to summary.
The easiest part was writing a clear thesis since picking a side gave me direction. The hardest part was finding specific evidence and connecting it back with good analysis. Next time, I'll outline first to make it flow better.
Outlining before I write will help me organize my thoughts faster and build stronger arguments on future essays. It will also save me time during timed writing tests so I don't get stuck midway through.
Comments
Post a Comment