Write about a fear you have overcome.

For most of my life, I have been afraid of losing who I am and becoming a fractured image that only a piece of me shows from person to person. I used to fear that changing how I acted around different people meant losing myself. Eventually, I realized that showing different sides of who I am doesn't make me fake. Each piece is still a real part of me, and adapting is actually a strength.

Today in class, we worked on our claims and backed them up with evidence.

I will use what we learned today to figure out how to piece my evidence together with my claim. This will allow me to better back up my argument on a deeper level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?