Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

I would always refer to rubrics after receiving my grade and realized my mistakes in retrospect. However, now, by referring to the AP Lang rubric, I check off every row while writing. For example, Row A ensures that there is a thesis, Row B confirms that I explain the significance of the facts, and Row C helps me think of an interesting development or counterargument in advance. By referring to the rubric in advance, I can be sure that I write my essay for top marks.

Was Not in class Today


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?