Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Practical learning helps me understand better by turning ideas into real things I can see and touch. When I build models or do experiments, I focus more than when I just read or do worksheets. Hands-on activities give me quick feedback, so I can test my ideas and learn from my mistakes. I enjoy learning this way because it feels more interesting and I remember things for longer.

Today in class, we worked on another FRQ from the 2013 exam about how ownership relates to different parts of ourselves. We studied four theories from three philosophers and picked the one we thought we could best support. After that, we used the same organizer as yesterday. We made five claims, grouped them into categories, and added more detail to our evidence.

I still need to practice understanding the question and organizing my essay clearly. I also want to keep underlining important details in the prompt to be sure I answer fully.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?