Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
I said it's easier to remember things if you practice them instead of just reading. My classmate asked, "How do you know?" I said research shows doing and recalling things helps memory more than just reading. For me, doing lab work made learning science simpler. Just giving facts doesn't convince people. You need to explain how the facts support your point. If not, people might not believe you. Explaining your thinking helps others see why your idea matters.
Today in class, we analyzed the book Ambush and discussed whether or not there was such a thing as a good kill. We used this passage to cross-examine it with OJ Simpson's case.
I can use what we learned today to strengthen my arguments as a persuasive writer. If I don't know how to connect with my audience, how will I really know that they actually get what I am preaching?
Comments
Post a Comment