How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Being an Atlantan is always about feeling as if you’re in the heart of it all, where all of the culture is formed before the rest of the world gets to catch on. This is why I think Atlanta impacts my lifestyle, since everyone who lives here works hard, is creative, and is proud of their roots. If I were to explain to someone who isn’t from ATL what the city is like, I would let them know it’s a lot more than traffic and tall buildings; it's unique neighborhoods, amazing food, and an atmosphere where everyone supports each other.

In today’s lesson in class, we went through a speech given by Mayor Bottoms regarding the violent demonstrations that occurred as a result of the murder of George Floyd. We then filled out a packet in which we discussed the various rhetorical situations in the speech, as well as the words the speaker used and their impact on the speech.

I will use what I saw in Mayor Bottoms' speech to really express my emotion to my audience. To strengthen my resolve, I will use ethos, pathos, and logos to connect with my audience in every way.

Comments